The conference will be held in BEXCO Convention & Exhibition Center Ⅱ, Busan, South Korea.
Entries to Korea: three major international airports
The most convient airport is GimHae International Airport (PUS), which is in Busan. As another option, Incheon International Airport (ICN), is close to Seoul and the largest airport in Korea. Also, there is Gimpo International Airport (GMP) in Seoul, which is smaller than ICN but closer to downtown Seoul and to train/bus stations to Busan. If you are planning to stay in Seoul for the ICM, then Incheon and Gimpo are the right choices.
From Incheon International Airport to Busan
There are two options: limousine bus and train.
- Limousine bus from Incheon International Airport to Busan Central Bus Terminal. For detailed information (fees and schedule), see Incheon Airport website. It takes approximately 5 hours.
- Train from Incheon International Airport to Busan Station. There are two ways. The key difference is that the first is a direct train but runs less frequently, while the second requires a switch to another train (at Seoul Station) but runs more frequently.
- Airport → Busan: at the airport, take a KTX to Busan Station. This is a high-speed rail which may be compared with TGV, ICE, and Shinkansen. It takes roughly 3 hours and 40 minutes, and the fee is around 65,000 KRW. More precise information on the fee and schedule is available at Korail web site. On the Korail website, you may begin by selecting "Language" on the top. The names of the stations are "Incheon Airport" and "Busan".
- Airport → Seoul Station → Busan: at the airport, take KORAIL Airport Railroad to Seoul Station. Detailed fee and schedule information is available at Incheon Aiport Railroad Express website. At Seoul Station, take KTX train to Busan Station. See Korail web site for more information. The KTX fee is approximately 60,000 KRW, and it takes about 2 hours and 45 minutes; these may vary depending on the schedule and dates. I would remark that the transfer at Seoul Station is between Level B7 and 1 and includes some move on foot, though the route is well-equipped with elevators and escalators.
For detailed direction from Busan Station to BEXCO, please see below.
From Gimpo Airport to Busan
For detailed direction from Gimhae International Airport to BEXCO, please check below.
From Seoul to Busan
If you come to Busan after staying at Seoul, then there are two options: domestic flight from Gimpo Airport to Gimhae Airport, or KTX train from Seoul Station to Busan Station. Both are essentially a part of the travel from Incheon Airport to Busan. See the above for details.
Transportation in Busan
For information on how to get to Haeundae Hotel, please see Lodging.
- From Gimhae Airport to BEXCO
- By limousine (recommended): Take a limousine bus at Gimhae International Airport stop, and take off at BEXCO stop. The first bus is at 05:10, and the last bus is at 19:50 (every 25 minutes). The fee is 7,000 KRW for an adult, and it takes approximately 50minutes.
- By subway: get in Busan-Gimhae Light Rail Transit (Sasang direction) at Gimhae international Airport Station, and then transfer at Sasang Station to subway line 2 (Jangsan direction). Get off at Centum City Station or Busan Museum of Art Station. Then walk to BEXCO Exhibition Center 2, which is about 50m far. See Map 1. The fee is 2,800 KRW, and it takes approximately 70 minutes.
- From Busan Station to BEXCO
- By bus (recommended): at Busan Station stop, take either Express Bus #1001 or Normal Bus #40. Get off at Centum City Station BEXCO stop. Use crosswalk across street from Home Plus, or enter Exit 2 of subway station and use exit 1 to directly enter BEXCO Center 1. Express Bus #1001 costs 1,800 KRW and takes about 40 minutes. Normal Bus #40 costs 1,300 KRW, and takes about 50 minutes.
- By subway: at Busan Station, get on line 1 (Nopo direction). Transfer at Seomyun station onto line 2 (Jangsan direction). Take off at Centum City Station or Busan Museum of Art Station, and walk to BEXCO Exhibition Center 2. See Map 1. Fee is 1,500 KRW, and it takes approximately 60 minutes.
- From Haeundae Grand Hotel to BEXCO
- By bus: Get on Normal Bus #39, #40, #63, #100, #100-1, #115-1, #141, #181, #200, or #307(Stop No.5), at the entrance of Dongbaek Park stop. Take off at Centum City Station stop, and then use crosswalk across street from Home Plus or enter Exit 2 of subway station and use exit 1 to directly enter BEXCO (Center 1). The bus costs 1,300 KRW, and it takes approximately 30 minutes.
- By subway: Get on line 2 (Seomyun direction) at Haeundae station, and take off at Centum City Station or Busan Museum of Art Station. Walk towards Exhibition Center 2 (BEXCO). See Map 1. The fee is 1,300 KRW, and it takes approximately 30 minutes.
- By taxi cab: Take a cab at Haeundae Grand Hotel, and get off at BEXCO Exhibition Center 2. See Map 3. The fee is approximately 4,100 KRW, but it depends a lot on the traffic condition. It takes approximately 10 minutes.
- By walk: for detailed walk route, see the blue line in Map 3. It takes approximately 40 minutes.
- From Busan Central Bus Terminal to Haeundae Grand Hotel. Take a subway at Nopo-dong station line 1 (Sinpyung direction). Transfer at Seomyun station onto line 2 (Jangsan direction). Get off at Centum City Station, or Busan Museum of Art Station. Then walk to BEXCO Exhibition Center 2 (about 50m far). The subway fee is 1,500 KRW, and it takes approximately 85 minutes. For detailed direction from subway stations to the BEXCO, please see Map 1.